INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As a visitor, you can browse our Site/websites to find out more about our Site/websites. We may collect your personal information through various means, including, but not limited to, when you visit our Site/websites, make a reservation, fill out a form. You may visit our Site/websites anonymously. We will collect personal information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. However, if you refuse to supply personal information it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site/website related activities. Personal information which we may collect includes (without limitation) the following.
- Postal address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Relevant credit and debit card numbers or other payment data;
- Date and place of birth;
- Nationality, passport, visa, or other government-issued identification data;
- Important dates: birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions;
- Data about family members;
- Health information;
- Reservation information;
- Images, video and audio data via security cameras located in public areas of our hotels. When you use our Site/websites, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Site/websites. Such information is typically considered non-personal information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information through various means including (without limitation):
- when you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile or account on our Site/websites;
- while browsing our Site/websites;
- when you make a reservation online, by calling or by contacting a particular hotel;
- information provided during check-in and during your stay in our hotels;
- when you take part in events/conferences at out hotels.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for different purposes including (without limitation):
- To improve customer service;
- To personalize our user experience;
- To improve our Site/websites;
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website features;
- For marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, such as through one of our on-line promotions or on third party social networks;
- For the purposes of facilitating the bookings made by you;
- To process transactions through our websites (including this Site) and to assist in any inquiries about your transaction;
- To contact you in relation to matters that arise from your stay with us;
- To respond to a specific query made by you about our hotels, resorts or residential properties and deal with any other enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- To analyze customer trends and insights; and
- To operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes.
HOW TO DECLINE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you may indicate your unwillingness by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org You may also unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use our services, to comply with applicable laws and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business.
HOW DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We shall take commercially reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is retained in a secure location, be it a digital database or filing cabinet by using appropriate technical and organizational measures (such as encryption, pseudonymisation, anonymisation or access controls). Furthermore, we take steps to ensure that only designated individuals within the company have access to this information.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Site/websites, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our Site/websites. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Site/websites.
We shall take commercially reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is protected at all times. However, we hereby reserve the full right to disclose your personal information when it is considered necessary to do so, without a prior notice to you.
We may in particular (and without limitation) disclose your personal information in following instances:
in the event of a merger, acquisition, or any other operation which has the effect of changing the control of SCI, we may be required to disclose your personal information to the party who is interested in the business and to auditors, professional advisers and any other persons or bodies having a legal right or duty to have access to or knowledge of the information;
we may disclose your personal information to other third parties for the purposes of maintaining and improving the Site/websites and/or for the provision of our services; and
we may disclose your personal information as required by law, a court of competent jurisdiction or any governmental or regulatory authority.
However, will not be responsible where unauthorized disclosure occurs and causes any loss or damage (unless we have been grossly negligent, engaged in misconduct or acted fraudulently) or the actions or omissions of third parties.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In providing our services we may have to transfer your personal information to certain entities in other countries (i.e., cross-border transfers) where data protection standards may differ from those applicable in Sri Lanka. Accordingly, in certain circumstances the courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in such other countries may be entitled to access your personal information. By providing your personal information, you are agreeing (and deemed to have agreed) to such cross-border transfers of your personal information.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you have the right to request:
- access your personal information;
- rectification, completion or deletion of the personal information;
- restrict the processing of personal information;
- object the processing of personal information.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for any use or processing of your personal information. However, the withdrawal of such consent shall not affect the lawfulness of any using or processing taken place prior to such withdrawal.
Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the event that there is a breach of the relevant data protection laws and regulations with regard to your personal information, where applicable.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to know what personal information we may have of you, you can make a request in writing and we will be more than happy to assist you with your requirements. However, in order to protect the personal information of customers, we require that you prove your identity at the time the request is made. You have the option of requesting via letter or email. We hereby reserve the right to decline access to your personal information under certain circumstances. If your personal information will not be disclosed, you will be provided with the reasons for this non-disclosure.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF THERE ARE CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All content on this Site/websites are protected by copyrights, database rights, trademarks and / or other Intellectual Property rights owned by us, or used with permission of their owners by us or our affiliates. This Site is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. All rights reserved.